OpenERP and Report-OpenOffice on Windows
This screencast demonstrates installation of OpenERP application server and client application on MS Windows operating system. In this case Windows 7, there is no significant differences on other common versions ( eg., Windows XP) of the OS.
Installation process is being performed in two steps, the first step, installation of server side – OpenERP application server, assuming that PostgreSQL database server service and OpenOffice.org is preexistent and running, the second step, installation of client application – OpenERP GTK client application.
Technical scope for this screencast:
- Installation of OpenERP server on Windows;
- Installtation of OpenERP OpenOffice.org reporting engine (report_openoffice) on Windows;
- Installation of OpenERP application client on Windows;
- Establishing a connection to database server;
- Establishing a connection of client application to OpenERP server;
- Creation of database with demonstration data;
- Establishing a connection of client application to OpenOffice.org service.